Monday, June 11, 2007

DATELINE: butte, mt                                                    

Author: Ilteris

Karl: 'omg! I saw something flying off!` after these couple of days, finally we just chopped off a head of a deer at 3am in the morning in montana interstate north something. Last two days were insane. First we went to vegas. Of course on the way grand canyon and hover dam. To be honest, I couldn`t make it if I was sober. Vegas. It`s a city where you come for a day and live the danger of not be able to leave again. Seductive for addiction. We could threw ourselves into road saturday afternoon and made it to salt lake city around 11pm. I must say I have never seen such a strange nightlife. Men from different ages and pretty girls are dancing through the worst cover band ever and having their best moment. It was weird. The next day, today, I have experienced the more impressive part of it. This was the part about latter-days saints. So the story goes on like this. Jesus shows up in the north america for a couple of days long before colombus. Then a guy named joseph smith finds a book about this. Starts translating and sharing it people. The people that goes in this way become mormons. Of course, the other christians don`t like this idea. They are forced to move west and end up in utah. Beside all of these stories, the folks at salt lake city built nice buildings out of these. I really enjoyed walking through temple area. I cannot tell the same about nightlife. It was interesting to see two such different cities such close in such a little time. Oh, and the text message that I got from my brother was explaining how we are doing this trip. `what happened to san fran? What are you guys doing in utah, are you going back?`

No comments: