Friday, June 8, 2007

DATELINE: Buenos Aires, Argentina                                                    

Author: Eliot

Holy fucking shit! I'm in heaven!

This place is totally insane. The insanity started when I bumped into Lian Sifuentes on my American Airlines flight from Dallas to Buenos Aires. That was really an unbelievable coincidence. But I can't believe how awesome the last couple of days have been. The food here is amazing, and so so cheap when you're thinking in American dollars. For example, a group of 19 of us went out for dinner the other night. Apetisers, mains, desserts, wine (and the food was incredible)... ordering as much aas we possibly could, and the check (including tip) came out to about US $14. Needless to say I've been eating and drinking like crazy here. Everything is amazing here. The food, the culture, the architecture, the people... wow. Sai and I have been talking all day (while stuffing our faces) about how we could move to this amazing city. Its really that good. I can't believe I still have almost a month left to hang out. Totally phyched. And I'm totally psyched for the main event, David an Fernanda's wedding which is tomorrow night. The reception, according to Argentinan tradition goes til 7am the next morning (so like 12 bloody hours!!!). But I'm still thinking of going out tonight. The clube only open at 2am. It's exactly 1:59am right now... The others have warned me not to do it because of the huge party tomorrow, but Fernanda's brother is spinning from 3 til 4 at a club not to far from the apartment I'm renting, so I think I've got to check this out.

ps: The steak here is sensational. There's really nothing like it. (Sorry Texas... not even close)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, I hear they are so underpopulated that they are giving away free citizenship and land to anyone.

Unknown said...

According to my Economics teach they have enough meat to feed the entire continent